We'd never disrespect the Queen of Reinvention by calling her a dinosaur. Having said that, she's been around... for a while.
Jonathan Hanisits has imagined our dear Madge as a sexy (t)rexy in her best known iterations:
- the like-a-virgin-but-also-who-cares-gross rosary'd newly-minted pop star in the 80s
- the my-breasts-are-allowed-to-take-up-space 90s Madonna who brought vogue-ing out of the Harlem ball scene and into mainstream American culture
- H 20" x W 16”
- Pencil signed and dated lower right.
- Screenprints are hand-pulled by Jonathan so no two are identical.
- We are currently offering an in-store only special when you buy 3 of the same size Jonathan Hanisits posters. Don't be afraid to bulk up! See below (on phone) or column to the right (on computer/tablet) for more info.
80s + 90s "Madonnasaurus" 16x20 Screenprint Posters by Jonathan Hanisits
In a single word, pride means "celebration" to me. It is an annual celebration of the people we are, the community we share, and the love we have inside us. It is a celebration of visibility and empowerment! During pride, I feel connected to my queer community, and love to see everyone out doing their thing, whether that's at the parade, a dance party, or their own unique celebrations.
One of my favorite things to see at pride is the participation of the young people; they have such courage and confidence walking into their budding queer selves, and that is worth celebrating! Every queer person has their own identity journey - pride is a celebration of those individual journeys and the community they create together.
by Jonathan Hanisits